EREN Développement is a subsidiary of EREN, the first group dedicated to natural resource efficiency, founded by Pâris Mouratoglou and David Corchia. The firm has 600 million Euros in equity investment capacity
PÂRIS MOURATOGLOU, CHAIRMAN
- Pâris is a self made business magnate with a highly successful entrepreneurial track record and 40 years of experience in the energy industry
- He was the founder of SIIF Energies, a renewable energy company which became EDF EN in 2004
- Pâris served as Chairman and CEO of EDF EN
- Earlier in his career, he was the co-founder of Sithe, a Combined Heat and Power company listed on NYSE in 1992 in partnership with la Compagnie Générale des Eaux (Veolia Environnement)
DAVID CORCHIA, CEO
- David has 23 years of experience in the energy industry
- He was CEO of EDF EN from 2006 to 2012 and led the company through the IPO
- David worked 9 years at JP Morgan Chase, where he was Managing Director of the Utilities team
- He started his career in Project Finance at BNP Paribas
By the end of 2013 Access Consultants started to expand its development activities into Africa which led in 2014 to the incorporation of Access Infra Africa, a vehicle dedicated to developing power projects in Africa. Since then Access Consultants was rebranded as Access Power MEA.
In 2014, AEG formed several partnerships including Access Energy Ventures, a company focused on investing in power projects and technologies.
During the last 20 years, Mr. Bontemps has been involved in in the origination, valuation, structuring and negotiation of over 27 billion USD of investment projects across the world with a focus on the Middle East and Africa region. He was involved in various capacities on all major fossil fuel based I(W)PPs tendered in the Middle East since 2000.
The relation between Mr. Bontemps and Mr. El Chaar dates back to the time when the two worked at ACWA Power and once Mr. El Chaar eventually left ACWA Power and founded Access Power MEA Mr. Bontemps at the time in Taqa was his first client. This long standing relationship eventually led to Mr. Bontemps becoming a shareholder in Access Power MEA.